– During WWII, Japan bombed China with fleas infected with bubonic plague
– Japan and Russia still haven’t signed a peace treaty to end World War II due to the
Kuril Islands dispute.
– 2 million German women aged 13-70 were allegedly raped by the Red Army on WWII
– A Japanese Soldier didn’t surrendered until 29 years after WWII was over, in 1974.
In 1944, Lt. Hiroo Onoda was sent by the Japanese army to the remote Philippine island of Lubang. His mission was to conduct guerrilla warfare during World War II. Unfortunately, he was never officially told the war had ended; so for 29 years, Onoda continued to live in the jungle, ready for when his country would again need his services and information. Eating coconuts and bananas and deftly evading searching parties he believed were enemy scouts, Onoda hid in the jungle until he finally emerged from the dark recesses of the island on March 19, 1972.
– Queen Elizabeth II served as a mechanic and driver in World War II
– U.S. Soldier John R. McKinney held off over 100 Japanese soldiers single handedly in WWII. http://bit.ly/GMzwg6
– he number of Chinese killed by the Japanese during WWII is greater than the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust.
– The Mosque of Paris helped Jews escape the Nazis by giving them Muslim IDs during WWII.
– 80% of all Soviet males born in 1923 died in World War II.
– Winston Churchill lost the 1945 election right after winning WWII.
– Hitler never visited a single concentration camp.
– Hitler bombed his nephew’s house in Liverpool, so he joined the US NAVY to fight him.